View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 10:46 PM   #278
PJsMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileys_truffle View Post
I've been doing my research on this Keratin Treatment and I still dont know if its the right thing to do!! I have 4a hair so the chances of the results being spectacular seem slim to none.

Im mixed race and my hair is sooooo tightly curled the only way i can handle it is by braiding it. Otherwise my 'middle of the back' hair barely reaches the bottom of my neck. But spending 8 hours braiding every 3-4 weeks is getting real boring esp' as Ive had my hair this way for as long as I can remember.

The thing is other ppl always claim to kno how to handle your hair when they honestly have no clue and expect me to be able to wear my hair in all sorts of fancy styles.

I just want to wear my hair out ... so Im considering the Keratin even though it costs a fortune and isnt permanent. Im also considering getting a curly perm instead to set my hair in a more manageable curl pattern. I dont kno whats best ... im confused! Please help!
If you're a 4a and you want a smoother look to your hair, then I say go for it...I'm a 3c/strong 4a and my pattern is not the same as it used to be...I washed and air dried for the first time the other day and my hair was straight with a little wave to it...I have looser curls, but I don't mind the change, I like it alot...talk to a stylist who can explain everything to you...my hair looks like it's been relaxed, but it hasn't and I enjoy the versatility...I got rained on so bad a couple of weeks ago and I did not have a poof or a frizz, it was great and when I wash and style my hair it's half the time...

BC - 25 July 2006
PJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote