Yep, GuardianB, that's what I meant. It doesn't seem to me that Jews or Muslims or Buddhists, etc. have much of a problem with mentioning "god" in the Pledge. It's the people who don't believe in ANY of those gods that have a problem.
Originally Posted by Who Me?
Not quite true. Muslims don't call their god "God" - they call their god "Allah" and would have problems calling their god "God." Buddhists do not believe in transcendant, personal a god or goddess. There are many religious which believe in multiple gods and goddesses and would have a problem with pledging allegiance to a nation that under a "God" instead of all the gods. (And some adherents to the 3 Abrahamic religions believe that speaking the name of God, Jehovah, or Allah aloud is a blasphemy, anyway.)

The whole Under God thing really does reflect a Judeo-Christian bias - not just a bias against the nonreligious.
Originally Posted by kurlykitty
Thanks, kurlykitty. Every time I've mentioned my position against the Pledge of Allegiance (in "real life"), people have jumped on me saying that all religions have a god, not just the christians, etc. I hadn't really had the chance to think it through and prove them wrong!
"I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON