I feel like an idiot, lol............But I emailed Clairol Herbal Essences asking about the silicones in the 'moisturising, hydrating' conditioners they have. Here is what I said:

Hi Herbal Essences,
I just wanted to email you about the ingredient in your conditioners called Bis-aminopropyl Dimethicone. Especially in Hello Hydration conditioner because I LOVE that conditioner. I have heard that non-water soluble silicones such as Bis-aminopropyl Dimethicone seal the hair with a film/barrier and block out any further moisture from being absorbed, which is crucial for us people with dry hair types. They also build up over time. Trust me I have done my research on this topic.

I know my opinion probably won't have any effect on the way you formulate your products, but on behalf of the customers with dry and dehydrated hair, would you consider eliminating silicones from your conditioners? If someone's hair is truly moisturised, it wouldn't have an artificial barrier to seal/block out more beneficial moisture from it. Thanks

AHHH!! lol, I feel stupid but I felt like I had to, I miss my HEHH condish and I don't understand how a product that is meant to be hydrating, blocks OUT the moisture from getting into the hair. I can only imagine how freaking amazing HEHH would be without the cones =o]
~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
~~~
Conditioner/Co-wash/Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair/Organic Instinct
Styler: Garnier Fructis 24-H
~~~

Last edited by AlannahAngel; 11-03-2009 at 12:54 AM.