With the cold weather coming in, I actually haven't used this one in quite awhile. I've been using more moisturizing curl creams and puddings. When I was using it, I had to make sure not to use it for too many days at a time. But when rotated regularly I got good results, especially when paired with a pretty hard-holding gel like BRHG. What's the hold like with the Garnier Fructis spray gel?
Originally Posted by NicaCurls
Thanks for the feedback, NicaCurls. I'm on the fence about the Garnier Fructis spray gel. The hold is pretty light, and the curls aren't especially well formed when I use it. But I couldn't tell whether the problem was with the gel or the other products I used, or a combo (I used some TJ's Nourish Spa condish as a leave-in, then MOP-C, then the Garnier). I have a feeling it's going to be a backup gel for me.

I went a little nuts last night and bought a whole pile of new stuff at Sally's: GVP Conditioning Balm, Biotera Styling Gel, EcoStyler Krystal gel, plus clips and a new diffuser. Whew! This morning, I co-washed with VO5 Free Me Freesia, conditioned with Nourish Spa, used some of the GVP balm as a leave-in, then raked in (in order) the Biotera, MOP-C, and EcoStyler. I would've expected my hair to be weighed down by all that, but to my surprise it wasn't. The curls are reasonably well formed and soft, although I didn't get as much definition as I'd hoped. There was minimal crunch, which came out easily with gentle scrunching. I did get a bit of surface frizz from SOTC ... I guess I need to bring something along in my purse to put on my hands before I do that. Anyway, I'll probably experiment with the amounts I use of the various products, just because I never can leave well enough alone. And, um, I really need a haircut.

I'm also still trying to figure out the whole clipping thing. I'm kind of a klutz when it comes to stuff like that, so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to use the clips.

Curl type: Fine/medium texture, normal porosity
Co-wash and Rinse-out: TJ's Nourish Spa Conditioner
Leave-in: GVP Conditioning Balm
Styling: Naturelle Biotera Styling Gel; Eco Styler Moroccan Argan Oil Styling Gel
Deep Treatment: GVP Conditioning Balm; still searching for HG