I haven't heard very much about this either, so I'm going to have to check out the Jon Stewart clip. From what little bit I have heard about it, it's absolutely mind-boggling and unbelievable that anyone would vote against the bill.

I don't think the website "republicansforrape" is very fair, considering I hardly think ALL Republicans feel the same way as the congressmen and women, or are "for rape."
Originally Posted by Rheanna

That's not what the website is implying. The website is saying THOSE Republicans certainly seem to be for rape. Not sure how else their dissent could be construed other than that.
Originally Posted by MichelleBFT
I'm not saying their dissent could be construed in another way. I'm just saying the phrase "Republicans for Rape" sounds a certain way. You can't tell me if that if someone had a website called "democratsforinfanticide.com" that you wouldn't find that to be very stereotypical of ALL Democrats, even if the website was then all about certain Dems who believed in it. Just like I'd have a problem with the phrase "libertariansforanarchy" or whatever.
Originally Posted by Rheanna

Sure I can. If it's about specific people, it's about specific people, even if they are all a part of one larger group.
"And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
Stolen.