sorry if i missed the post where you listed all of the products you used on her hair, but could you post all of the products you use on her hair?

---homemade spray consists of water, dab of vegetable glycerin, dab of Africa's Best oil (ingredients at bottom) and Cream of Nature Herba-Rich Leave-In Strand Remoisturizing Treatment in a spray bottle.

The Cream of Nature is a new addition to my homemade spray; normally my spray consists of mostly water and Africa's Best oil and/or glycerin. The C of M is the consistency of water and it's clear. I haven't bought this in a while, and the ingredient list back then was almost completely herbal. Looking at it now, I see at least one -cone, and less herbal ingredients. I use this homemade spray to moisten her sections before detangling.

---Elasta QP hair lotion

---Motions hair lotion

---pure unrefined shea butter mixed w/pure coconut oil and dollop of Africa's best oil.

---large shower comb, and soft boar's bristle brush (to smooth only, not brush the entire head)

**Mind you, I don't use all of these products at one time. Most times I use the homemade spray and one of the hair lotions.**

-------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the ingredients for the Africa's Best Oil:

Ingredients
Soy Bean Oil , Walnut Seed Oil , Kiwi Fruit Extract , Olive Fruit Oil , Castor Seed Oil , Sesame Seed Oil , Jojoba Seed Oil , Carrot Seed Oil , Sweet Almond Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate , Safflower Oil , Calendula Extract , Yarrow Extract , Cucumber Extract , Carrageenan Extract , Ginseng Extract , Sage Extract , Comfrey Extract , Aloe Extract , Fragrance

Is the underlined a 'cone?

Of the above list, I don't think any of these products have petrolatum or mineral oil.
Originally Posted by sinistral55
Can you provide the ingredients for the products in bold. I tried using a bristle brush and it just made my hair more frizzy. It didn't smooth it at all. Now I use a Denman 3D brush to smooth and clumb my hair together after its been detangled with a wide tooth comb. You can find the brush at Sallys.
Current Regimen: I am doing protective styles for the winter. Two Strand Twists and Twist Outs. Wet hair in the middle of winter is not cute.
Favorite Products: Komaza Care Coconut Line, Kinky Curly Line, and Africare 100% Glycerin
Never Again: Carol's Daughter, Miss Jessie's, Garnier Fructis, Hot Oil Treatments
Hair Type: Texture-Spongy, Strand Size-Medium, Curl Pattern-I in the front, O in the middle, and S in the back. 4a

Last edited by cayisha_azul; 10-26-2009 at 01:32 PM.