View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 10:44 PM   #51
MixedUpCurlyChick

hmmm...this sounds kinda like my hair. My hair does not absorb products with heavy oils very well. It also takes 8 hours+ to dry. I'm not sure if its cottony or spongy though. The texture is fine with high density. I believe the porosity is low b/c of the strand tests I've done. I get way more shrinkage with creams than gels. I usually can't even absorb a cream

What is the difference between spongy and cottony?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napp View Post
I cant seem to find anyone who has my hair texture. i have a spongy hair texture. i usally see either silky textured people or cottony textured people. while i appreciate others comments i would like to see what they have to say about this kind of hair.

here is the description of spongy hair
Spongy - Hair has a high sheen with low shine with a compacted looking frizz. Absorbs water before it gets thoroughly wet.

does anyone think that the slow absorbtion of water inhibits curl defition because i noticed my curls just do not get defined unless i have left conditioner on it for a while. when i leave my hair with no products and no manipulation the end result is very undefined and resembles 4b hair.

i only get definition with a gel . i have to shellac it on before my hair starts to react to it and it then gets super defined(and super hard) LOL. its so annoying! im still searching for something that defines my curls with out the crunch. sometimes i feel like giving up.