Update (also x-posted on the 2 forum): I couldn't find the Nexxus Aloe Rid or the Sally's knockoff, so I got the Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo ($4.99 at CVS!), which was okay with me because it had so few ingredients. I also got Lustrasilk OOC and Shea Butter/Cholesterol/Mango ($2.49 ea!).

I felt like an addict when I used the shampoo. The smell! The lather! I told myself I'd just use a little bit and it would be okay.

My hair felt really clean after shampooing with about a quarter-sized blob--not dry or stripped, thankfully.

I put about 3 palms full of Lustrasilk Shea on my hair and let it sit while I did the rest of my routine.

Then I rinsed it out and put in about 3 tbs of LOOC. I smoothed and raked and scrunched until it felt really coated, like it would if I used a styler.

Then I plopped for about 10 minutes, scrunched out some of the wetness, and am air drying.

I'll have to see what happens when I'm fully dry, and what it looks like tomorrow morning, but I feel like my hair is cleaner and softer than it's been in a long time. I'm pretty sure I had some build up and this should take care of it. I'm also going to co-wash instead of low poo for a while to see how that works.
Knightess Firmus Aurum, Maid of the Mitten, Slayer of Dissertation Dragons in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
2b/medium; CG 5/20/09
Wash, co-wash, co: Queen Helene Royal Curl Shampoo / Conditioner, Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo / Conditioner, Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix,
Tigi MM
Stylers: Sally's Neutral Protein Filler as spray, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme, LALSG
Techniques: Plop and Diffuse
Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...4&postcount=97