View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 06:12 AM   #7
rbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marah Mizrahi View Post
Having said that..I think a lot of white women get pressure to straighten as well though. Because straight hair is often thought of as more attactive.
that is soooo true. my daughter was once told on a job to not wear her hair 'messy.' it was wavy. how many hairstylists have we all encountered who encouraged us to wear our hair straight? and then styled it straight before we learned to say no? and then, there is "Millionaire Matchmaker" herself who tells women to straighten their hair if they want to get a man.
i, personally, once had a friend say to me that she thought it was great that i had the courage to wear my hair the way i did.
unless it is straight, natural hair is just not widely accepted by any race here in the usa.
washing/cowashing, conditioning, leave in, protein tx: curl junkie products. styling:curl junkie conditioners only at times, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. trying ufdcm. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!! sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
rbb is offline   Reply With Quote