I truly think the saddest legacy of the Reagan years is he created the myth of the welfare queen. You don't know how people got those things you don't want them to have. The crazy thing is, people don't seem to have as much problem with corporate welfare. How many times have we bailed out the airline industry and they still suck?

It is very hard to break the cycle of poverty. The problem is, if you have money, you can be pretty mediocre and be ok. If you are poor, you have to be super human. Even still, look at what people were willing to accept and praise in Bush but what accomplishments they poo-pood in Obama as unimportant. Obama never would have been elected with Bush's resume.

I also think it is sad that I have to vote for one party because I want to protect my rights and the rights of others. I can't believe in 2009, people still trying to take away a woman's right to control her body and stop people who are in love from enjoying the benefits of marriage. I love when they call marriage sacred. You need to talk to those straight people who marry and divorce over and over. Sacred my foot.
A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

-Mohandas Gandhi