View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 07:13 AM   #14
Robin-in-FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicilyCurl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitabird View Post
I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but raking gives my stringy curls. I have to smooth and then scrunch in products.
I agree. When I rake in a product my curls get weighed down and stringy. It's better for me to first shake the curl into my hair and then scrunch the product in. Scrunching works better if you start from the bottom and scrunch upwards towards the root. Also, I think the less product you use, the less likely you are to end up with stringy and weighed down curls.
Sorry, hijaking but several people here said they scrunch in, not rake, including iamdonna, who has long hair...

I can't figure out how people do this without getting messy hair.

If you don't rake products through, or comb after shower how are you getting product on evenly and not in spots? And how are you not ending up with one big messy mat of hair?

I've not found any way to get even application without sectioning and raking, and haven't figured out how to not comb or finger-comb while styling, scrunch-in just seems to make a mess. My daughter with the thin and fine hair can scrunch-in after combing (not comb gel thru) but she doesn't have much hair, some of y'all have lots and I'd like to know how you accomplish the scrunch-in without causing uneven application and tangling.

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
Robin-in-FL is offline   Reply With Quote