I personally never use EVOO because I feel it's difficult to remove; because my hair is fine if I were to use it I'd only use a very small amount, like 1/2 a Tbsp., 1 at the most.

I don't know what ingredients there are in the S.E., perhaps it already contains oils of its own so 4 T. of oil may have been way too much?

I noticed that you said you just rinsed off with CO while in the book the instructions are to remove with a mixture of CO, lemon juice AND vinegar. This should be worked through the hair thoroughly, with a gentle massage and maybe left on for a few minutes to give it a chance to break down the oil. And, well, about adding extra CO, you also just learned that more is not always better.

If you can grab hold of VO5's Kiwi & Lime Clarifying CO give it a try in the way I described above; if your hair detangles easily and feels very soft that would indicate the excess oil is gone. But after shampooing you've put yourself all over on "ground zero"...

P.S. Jojoba and coconut oil may be better and easier to remove next time...
2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC