View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 06:33 PM   #21
CurlyCowgirly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergasaurus View Post
CurlyCowgirly- From what I've read, be careful with that much ACV. Too much can damage your hair. I've always seen recipes with a proportion of 1 or 2 tbsp to a cup of water. The massage with oil is probably helping your scalp more than the acv, that's my guess anyway. I'm not much of an expert.
Wow, I've always put about 4T ACV per 1c water and don't have any problems. I wonder if it's over time that ACV can ruin your hair. I'll be more careful! I've been kinda bad at remembering to massage my scalp w/ jojoba everyday, but I think what helped the most was to stop CO-washing and just do water rinses between low-poo's.
I'm not sure if it's something in Suave Naturals CO causing the itchiness/flakiness, but I haven't had ANY scalp issues since the day I stopped CO-washing and did the ACV/epsom rinse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexjoujou View Post
My daughter has had very stubborn acne on her forehead and I'm going to CVS to get some Nizoral since I think it might be fungal related.
Tell us if it works! That's an interesting experiment!

Low-Poo: Kenra Volumizing shampoo, AG Fast Food shampoo
CO: AG Ultramoist, AO GPB, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera
Gel: GFCC mousse, HETT, Aquage Megagel
Also: Aloe Vera juice or Alba Leave-in. Weekly ACV rinse.
Wishlist: YTC low-poo, Elucence poo, Bioterra Curl Creme, AGEbeautiful Strengthening trtment, SS Repairing Protein Trtment, LuxyHair ext's
CurlyCowgirly is offline   Reply With Quote