Hair Biography

Curl Pattern: 4a/3c
Texture: fine, medium, and coarse
Porosity: med-high
Density: thick, you betcha!
Elasticity: normal with conditioners
Characteristics: medium root curl, hard to straighten, hard to weigh down, easily frizzes, very dry without conditioners, curls clump and stay with product, can easily be fingercombed.

CG/ModCG/not CG: ModCG

Hair ingredient likes: Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol and Behentrimonium Methosulfate

Hair ingredient dislikes: Oils, that bean tree ingredient, tallow, mineral oil/petroleum, isopropyl alcohol.

Hard/Soft Water: As long as I clarify once in a while, it doesn't matter.

HG/Go-to Products: Lisa Akbari Clarifying Cleansing Balance Shampoo, Aveeno Nourish + Condition Leave-in Treatment, Aquage Healing Conditioner, Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner, Mop Top Deep Conditioner...but I have more!

Average climate/dew points: Humidity average 45-70%; dew point average can be 30-60%. Average climate is about 60 degrees.

Fall/Winter combos: Aveeno Leave-in with glycerin, CJ Hibiscus and Banana Honey Butta Leave-in, Mixed Chicks Leave-in, Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Cream

Spring/Summer combos: Aveeno Leave-in with glycerin, Mixed Chicks Leave-in, Curl Gel-les-c, Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Cream

Favorite styling techniques and why:
Fingercombing, plopping while hair is wet, and pineappling. Fingercombing encourages the clumps, plopping gets out excess product w/out drying out my hair, and pineappling keeps the clumps longer.

Techniques that didnít work and why: Overnight plopping. My hair does not look nice the next day when it has been wet overnight.

Hair Twins: Don't have one...yet. Some do come close, but no cigar.
Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
SUMMER REGIMEN-This list is not exhaustive...
Pre-treat:Shima oil
Shampoo:
Schwarzkopf Gliss Kur Ultimate Oil Elixir
Cowash:HE The Sleeker The Butter
PT: Gold Medal's Herbal Tame
DT/LI/Detangler/
: various
Stylers: Lush Zeste Hair Gel

*experimenting and loving it!