In the mean time let' just get chatting!!!!

Right now my big problem is hair coming out in what i consider to be clumps when i detangle wet. I can literally just pull my hair out of my head. I don't really comb it in between washes so i'm wondeing if the amount i loose is normal - about a medium size handful at a time.

Any thoughts?
Originally Posted by chenaj
It could be a combination of not combing regularly and your moisture vs protein balance. Does the hair have a lil bulb at one end?

I've found amla treatments and alternating between a moisturising conditioner and a protein conditioner for cowashing has helped my shedding. I only comb on wash days also, with conditioner in my hair. It could be that your hair can't take the wet combing?
Originally Posted by Lyoness
Yessssssss!!!! I have loads of little bulbs of hair at the ends. What is that?????? Why is that????

I have read in other forums that cleansing and/or DT with garlic stops the shedding. I found a garlic shampoo on Amazon but its in the US and i don't feel like paying the postage, additionally i'm just not that keen on rubbing garlic +olive oil in my hair for a DT, no matter how much I'm shedding LOL!!!

Lyoness, my hair is supa dupa protein sensitive,so i dunno if alternating with a protein treatment is a good idea... Alma, i used to use it, but it left bits in my hair nd made my scalp itch....what do you do?
Originally Posted by chenaj
The bulb means is shedding rather than breakage, this thread is a bit of a read but there is alot of info. There's a little test to help you figure out how to react to your hair. There are varying degrees of how heavy a protein is so bare that in mind when you do pick a protein treatment. I tend to mix amla to the consistency of mashed potato and leave it to sit awhile before I apply it. when I apply it I only apply it to the strands. Amla and henna have helped me with shedding but everyone is different.

Garlic tablets might help if you don't fancy paying those charges? I had a quick google try this thread and this thread also for what others have tried. I know you said you don't want to rub/dc with it but it seems to help.

Hopefully someone else will help too!

oh p.s I got my amla etc from spices of india in case you're in need
http://www.fotki.com/royal183