There wasn't one trigger event. There had been various things throughout the last several years that would make me want to lose weight. And I'd try to lose but always fall off the wagon.

But I just kept going. This time it just clicked. I have some ideas about why it clicked for me this time...things I've done that I think have helped. But it's also a matter of one day everything just aligns and it's a combination of things that are fully under your control and things that aren't.

Best advice is just to keep at it. Get back on the wagon each time you fall off. You still learn something each time it happens, so put that into practice. Put yourself in a position to succeed. Put yourself in a position so that when things start aligning for you, you'll be able to take advantage of that opportunity. Sooner or later it will happen.
2b-ish--embracing my waves this summer
Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs