Hello Ladies!

Welcome GermanCurly and summyr1988 - Great to have you!

Ok. so last night i did the garlic treatment for shedding. I decided to add it to a henna gloss, casue henna is supposed to ba a remedy for shedding too.

Here's what i did.

1 clove garlic cooked for 1-2 min in 3 tablespoons extra virgin organic coconut oil. Left it to sit for about 10-15 min. Then pressed the garlic to release the goodness and strained it inot my henna gloss mix

henna gloss - about 6 scoops cassia (white henna) each scoop is about tablespoons (the scoop came with the henna). Added cold water until its a clay-like consitency. Then add 2 tablespoons honey, garlic/coconut oil and condish (in this case Asda Jojoba condish) and mixed until creamy.

This made about 500ml of garlic/henna treatment

Washed hair - (low poo - 50%AOHSR+50%AOIN , had loads of stuff in it needed a good wash)

Applied garlic henna mix. Wrapped head in foil paper and put a plastic bag over that! I looked crazy, my 8 month old was cracking up with laughter everytime he saw me! LOL

Let it sit for 30 min then rinsed with warm water and then applied a rinse out condish to detangle (AOIN)

I have to say that i did shed, but it was significantly less that my normal shedload! Usually i shed about a ping- pong ball size of hair when i wash or comb wet, but this time i was able to count the hairs as the floated away and what came out in my comb was noy that much by comparison. I would say that overall i shed about 1/4 of what normally comes out.

I was hoping for no shedding at all, beacsue in the threads that Lyoness posted everyone said they stopped shedding after the fist application. But then again they used it straight or added it to their condish. Anyway, everyone is diffrent.

I sectioned my hair into 4, applied shea butter to each section then my winter leave - in condish/cream which is divine BTW, then did a couple twists and went to bed.

When i woke up this morning, my hair was soft and shiney. I found no hairs in the bed and when I undid my twists i only shed 1 or 2 hairs. Usually i can't manupulate my hair that much when its dry casue i just loose hair like crazy.

On reflection, i think i will do both treatments seperately the next time because I could not tell what was working or not working, or if the combo of both was just too much for my hair to handle.

So there you have it ladies! I will do another straight gralic/coconut oil treatment in 2 weeks time and the henna gloss next month and let you know what happens.
hair type - definately 4a

wash - any baby shampoo

conditioning styler - homemade blend with shea, coconut, avocado mango, plam, castor, almond and essential oils

Hair pics http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...ad.php?t=84285