That was always my thought, Del. Even after washing and putting in your leave-in, you just plain have more condish on your hair (well, IN it). That would account for the extra softness people are reporting and the extra definition (I think I read some reports of increased definition).

And the decreased dry time for some (since the condish displaces the water).

I wonder if your pre-poo condish can be something you don't typically like as a rinse out? The only condish I've really liked for this is GVP balm, which is also my rinse out and my leave-in (I'm scared I'll overuse it and then it won't work for me anymore!!).
Originally Posted by onethousandcurls

It's weird though becuause for me using tons of condish the "normal" way totally works the opposite on me. I get weighed down and OC'd. My hair absorbs it better when it's damp.

Try S&C with one of your lighter conditioners or Lustrasilk and use the GVP as your final rinse out/LI like you've been doing. It's worth a try! IamDonna used VO5 and NO-POO as her final rinse outs. You certainly can play around with this.
Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.