View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #12
WurlyLox

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolewoods1 View Post
I have roseacea and sensitive skin, too - all of these problems seem pretty common in curlies of Celtic descent. Does that fit you, too?

I do have irish in me.. and german and indian, and prob a couple other things.. not exactly petagree over here

When did you find out you had roseacea? I was in my early 20's,so about 10 years ago. its mild to moderate though. i had someone say i had flawless skin a couple weeks ago and noone could have given me a better compliment!! Thank God for mineral makeup! you can really tell when i dont wear makeup though. at least to me you can.

Im going to get the tee low poo and cond this weekend, the sore is going away. it is still tender though.hopfully after i tweek my regiment some this wont happen agian! =)
My rosacea wasn't diagnosed until my mid 40's and even now I'm not absolutely sure that's what it is - I don't have most of the classic symptoms and no apparent triggers.

I'm a mongrel, too - mostly Scots Irish but a lot of other bits, too.

I agree about washing the scalp more often. If I go more than 4 days, I usually really start having problems. I have to cleanse and scrub it well, whether by low-pooing or co-washing pretty regularly to keep it in check. I do best to go 3 days usually. I used to think going longer was giving it a break from shampoos, styling, etc., especially when I still used sulfates, but I finally learned differently.

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated, GTTT or Aim2Health 'poos as scalp needs, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein Trtmt & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, AO Mandarin Magic, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing then clips or clamps & air dry. Blend gray w/henna glosses

www.fotki.com/auntnett
WurlyLox is offline   Reply With Quote