May I ask which COs/gels you used during your CG attempt? I'm convinced it's not the routine that doesn't work for some people but the products they choose, with the right ones for your hair type it should help it curl better. While some of us experience immediate success others have to try 2 or 3 times before getting it right so perhaps you could just start over with different products than the first time (and make sure to read the entire book again because of all the styling tips included).
Originally Posted by HalfWavyHalfCurly
No offense, but some of us have read the book, have picked the right products, and have followed the routine *correctly*, but have learned that the CG routine just sometimes doesn't work for our particular hair types. In my case, my hair is just not even a little bit dry (it's oily in fact, despite that Massey insists the oily/curly hair combo is an impossibility!) and is REALLY healthy (my new stylist was just commenting on this at my last cut in fact). I could try products from now until forever, and my hair just doesn't respond to this routine. It does not universally work for everyone.

But Massey's book did provide some useful ideas that I have implemented into my sulfate-shampooing-occasional-"bad"-product-using-color-treating-daily-diffusing routine. That's what's most important, learning to appreciate what you have and learning to find what works best for you. I'm sure you'll figure it out Sherry!
Hair type: Completely confused: mostly 3a, some 3b parts, and even 2 in places; very fine and thin.
Products: Elucence clarifying & MBC; CK, F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel (when I can find it)