View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 05:16 AM   #24
chenaj

Default I think i found one of the causes of my "shedding"!

Hi German Curly,
Well you could be right about the hair that is loose and coming out when washing. However, this weekend i co-washed with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration for the first time and not a single hair came out of my head in the shower whilst washing or rinsing.

I then did a DT with AO Island Naturals conditioner
and as soon as i applied it, hair started coming out - it was kind of scary actually! So i washed it out immediatedly and more hair just came out in my hands!

I thought maybe it could be the coconut milk in it, but Hello Hydration has coconut too, so i'm not sure if that's it. In anycase I gave it to my cousin who is a super thick and super curly type 4 and her hair loves it.

So, no more AOIN for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanCurly View Post
Your hair looks very healthy on that picture! I guess it was somehow humid that day. That's why your hair started to shrink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenaj
You know what really freaks me out is the fact that i can just pull strands of hair out from my ends - that's what i call shedding. I know, we "shed" 50-100 hairs a day, but its the additional hairs that just come away with frightning ease in my hands when styling or detangling that i find problematic. Does anyone else have that issue?
Are you sure you are actually pulling the hair out? Maybe it is already lose and just comes out because it sticks to your fingers?
Do you massage your scalp? I've just started to massage my scalp with sweet almond oil and some drops of rosemary oil. I've read somewhere that rosemary oil also stops shedding and helps with growth. Anyway...it is very relaxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenaj
V. intersting you should mention the weather. I read someting somewhere a few years ago about using products for skin and hair that are made with local/ regional ingredients because they respond better if you do. It was really interesting. I'll try and find it again and post the link.
That's very interesting!

wash - any baby shampoo

conditioning styler - homemade blend with shea, coconut, avocado mango, plam, castor, almond and essential oils

Hair pics http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...ad.php?t=84285

Last edited by chenaj; 12-07-2009 at 05:21 AM.
chenaj is offline   Reply With Quote