I like mysteries as well, but love historical mysteries like the Marcus Didio Falco series by Lindsey Davis set in Vespasian's Rome, or the Sano Ichiro series set in feudal Japan by Laura Joh Rowland.

Then there is a funny and goofy light mystery series by Janet Evanovich I like. The titles are all numbered like Sue Grafton's Alphabet series that all start with a letter (though Evanovich and Grafton are NOTHING alike in terms of writing style or type of mystery). Titles start out with One for the Money, Two for the Dough, etc...

I also like JD Robbs 'In Death' series - they are set in a mildly futuristic New York City and tend toward a gritty, almost procedural style, with a dash of humor every once in a while as well a touch of romance between the detective and her husband.

If you like cozy's you might want to try Charlaine Harris' Aurora Teagarden series, she was originally a mystery writer for years before she created Sookie Stackhouse and the True Blood vampire series for which she more famous for.

This is just a sample, I tend to like off-beat things, so my taste may not mirror yours, but I'd still encourage to give them a shot, I've spend many a satisfied hour with them.