I'm from Tunisia in North Africa, I like to identify myself as Mediterranean cause we don't fit in the African, Arabic, Islamic, or any other culture by itself, the key is in the mixture.
Also Jew is not a race it's a religious belief so of course their hair differs based on the person's origin. One of my classmates is Jewish and he is of white German origins (by the way, he had a head full of beautiful reddish/blondish curls then for some reason he got a haircut and it looks as if he has straight hair now.
We also have a Jewish Tunisian community and their hair is like all the other Tunisians' hair mostly curly, only a few have straight hair...
Originally Posted by generosityt
I agree that Jew is not a "race". Jewish is a religion, although there can be cultural features that develop out of religious practices that then form communities of people.

"Race" is a social construct used to organize people and resources. "Race" references phenotype (skin color, facial features, hair texture). People and resources are valued and organized according to notions of "race".

People of various "races" can be Jews. For example, I know "Black" Jews in Canada, and there have been media reports of "White" Jews in Israel discriminating against Ethiopian/"Black" Jews.

Last edited by Gabi2009; 12-27-2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Typo