I have been using Wella Systems Professionals Hypercurl for months now and I love it even though it was not perfect. My only complaint was that it has 'cones in it (not a big deal since I was convinced I needed them to make my hair look good and I shampoo two or three times a week anyway) and it did not leave my hair as soft as when I was trying CG. Yet CG didn't work for me at all and again, I was convinced that the products I needed to use while on it were just not giving me the results I wanted (too soft, frizzy hair with no curl definition or volume).

On a whim I ordered a couple of samples from sistasplace.com of the Curls products and OH MY GOD I am totally, completely in love with the Spiral Curls Cream. It's everything I have been looking for and it leaves my hair soft but not so soft that there is no hold or definition and shiny, however, I can totally run my fingers through it and it does not feel gummy or producty at all. I have great volume and my curls/waves look healthy and very nicely defined. Awesome!

(HAIR TYPE: 3 with a mix of curls and waves, coarse, thick, prone to frizz, damaged, good volume but the roots can be flat so I blow dry, no shine and when no products are used hardly any curl definition on the outer layer, med. size spirals in some places at the ends and underneath.)

I tried the Curls Souffle and it left my hair too soft - I will finish out the sample by using it on days I wear my hair up in a bun.

I also got some kind of conditioner (forgot which one), it's good, but I will do research on a good one I can use as a rinse out then a drop more as a leave in that is not too heavy. Any suggestions welcome.

And I got a sample of the Goddess Glaze - I only used it on my long fringe to keep my hair looking silky and so far I like it a lot. I think that along with the Spiral Curls Cream, I will order the Glaze too for humid days or days when I just want my hair to look extra good.

My question is: are these products OK to just rinse out with conditioner? And do they contain a lot of protein (my hair seems to dislike protien big time, especially in conditioners - it rips the hair out of my head when I use a protein conditioner and then try to detangle with my fingers).

I am not on CG but I like the idea of washing only once or twice a week and using conditioner the rest of the time and between my blow drying every day and dying out my gray's I want to baby my hair the rest of the time as much as I can.

I still plan on alternating with the Wella, which since the hold is much, much stronger will come in handy when it's super humid out - it did a good job controlling frizz this past summer and since the hold is really strong, I can also use it as a finisher to hold my hair in place.

Thanks!
HG's: (I alternate)
DEP Sport Gel or B&A Gel
Naturalle Gel (used like CK - a ton in sopping wet hair and mostly air dry)
all used over a leave in

Method: Air dry 20 minutes, then blow dry for volume.

2/3 mix waves/curls - coarse, frizz prone, med. thick, porous, at-home color for gray, protein sensitive but I still need it sometimes, glycerin-sensitive (I think) in high humidity, NOT CG, wash with regular S&C 2x a week.