View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 01:28 AM   #31
MixedUpCurlyChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky Rhonnie View Post
Thank you so much. I keep saying I've got to update that ancient picture from last year's World Natural Hair Health and Beauty Show in April. But, I just love that fro and that t-shirt. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedUpCurlyChick View Post
Keep in mind that people do all kinds of things to their hair and some of the 4Bs you see may be manipulating their texture to make it hang more or have more/less curl. There are so many things that affect the look of the hair. Also, IMO most hairdressers really don't know how to do 3c hair. Even less know how to do type 4 of any kind. So when they act like they should be overcharging you, I think that reflects more on their lack of training/skill than the alleged manageability of your hair. Just my 2 cents!
Amen to all of the above. I keep wanting to experiment with a wash and go style (of couse with gobs of conditioner or gel) but I'm afraid of the outcome so I continue to set with braids and twists for loose styles.

I continue to think back to if only I had knew...
Girl, you should for it! Do it on a day when you don't have anything important to do. Its always fun to experiment. You can always start over or change your mind.