You know, we're also all porous too... hrm....
Originally Posted by goobernut
I hate to be the wrench in the works but I have the same problem...and I have very low porosity. Or at least I assume I do. I get wet very quickly in the shower and scrunching out the water leaves my hair just all but dry. I floated a hair in a cup of water and it was still happily floating 24 hours later-and it wasn't sitting on surface tension.

But I've found that KCKT is too 'soft' to help hold curls, and something like JCWDT works much better-though it's still not great. On off days, though, i can scrunch in a little JCWDT and have moderate/mediocre waves, vs doing the same with KCKT and I go virtually straight.

Great topic though! I'm very curious to know what Dominicana's hand lotion has in it now though!
Originally Posted by eklecktika
Hair that gets wet and dries easily is porous. Low porosity hair has trouble soaking things up and then giving them up. My hair is short and there isn't a lot of it--it can take me four or five hours to air dry.
Originally Posted by kathymack
Oh. I totally got it bass-ackwards then. Thanks for straightening me out, Kathy...where's the smilie with the dunce hat? That doesn't make sense in my head, but I guess I just need to wrap my brain around it.

Geez I'm dense sometimes.
"It's a wonder God suffers so many fools, what with lightening so cheap"~Mark Twain

Lady Eklecktika Fidens of Caduceus