View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 06:11 AM   #38
whatsercurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyQMom View Post
Somewhat of a tangent but the need for so much slip (to minimize tangling with styling) runs concurrent with the success I have with DEL's spritz and condish method. If I am using a more grabby condish then I need longer for the condish to soak in for me to be able to later manageably style.

Also, if I don't have slip in my LI my hair eventually feels dry later in the day no matter what styler I use. I'm thinking now that's probably because a grabby LI prevents me from even distribution of product.

I'm such a hair nerd - I love threads like these! :-)

BTW, what are fairy knots - are these the same as single strand knots?
I tangle like crazy and I use my Mebco comb and finger detangle at least 5 times, often more, to get rid of all the shed hairs that are caught up. I find I can detangle much easier with the S&C method. I think it's because conditioner penetrates longer.

I do the flip over hair rinse in the shower and have to hold my hair very carefully to not tangle when I right myself - that's after combing out "all" the tangles.

I can apply my LI and products upside down and no problems when I right myself with tangles. It seems everything is stuck back together by that point.

I like a base product with slip too. I think it's one of the reasons I loved CK so much for so long. It was my base layer and had so much slip.

So if those that tangle a lot prefer slip and those that don't prefer grab, what characteristic(s) makes one tangle more? Maybe that's common denominator.

I think RCC's hair and mine are pretty much opposite in texture and porosity yet we both tangle and get fairy knots.

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
whatsercurl is offline   Reply With Quote