I questioned my peri about bedrest because I'd read it didn't improve outcomes in most situations. He agreed but wanted me to continue anyway so I could listen to my body without distractions.
Originally Posted by DarkAngel

That's a good line. Sounds a lot better than you're-less-likely-to-sue-me.

And that's not to disparage you. Really. I understand women are scared when complications develop during pregnancy. And I will agree that bedrest might help a very few women/babies. But OB's know that bedrest is way overprescribed and puts women at significant risk for little-to-no benefit, but they keep prescribing it anyway...because they're afraid not to. It's become standard-of-care, without evidence to back it up, and OB's know they will get sued if something goes wrong and they didn't adhere strictly to standard-of-care. The first thing a lawyer is going to say is "well, why wasn't she put on bedrest, that's standard of care", and there goes their malpractice insurance premiums through the roof.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
I'm an attorney. Almost everything my doctors do is lessen the impact if I decide to sue.

My bedrest wasn't strict but it did keep me out of court (read: high stress) for a few weeks which very likely did help.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel