View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 05:41 PM   #74
susancnw

Trenell,

I know the definition of racist. You have made it a point to repeatedly call me one, so I'm rather curious as to what your definition is.

Refusing to answer is a cop-out. Pure and simple.

I think Brown will do a good job. He comes across as a thoughtful legislator and willing to listen to his constituents. Isn't that what we want? Legislators who will think about what they are doing (and read the damned bills). They need to be willing to LISTEN to what is being said by their constituents. We're the ones who put them into office and they vote their own opinions and feelings. (yes, I heard those VERY words out of my two Senators...and I called their office & told them that they were not there to vote the 'party line', or their own feelings/opinions. They were there to represent--spelled out the word & defined it---the people who voted them into office & if they liked the jobs and perks, they needed to start listening.)

I think we as a people have been complacent too long. It is someone else' problem or doesn't affect us. Now things have happened so very fast that are to the detriment of the citizenry and the nation, we're angry and standing up for ourselves.

And, totally Off Topic, that little cutie in the ad for the satin-lined winter hats on the left side bar is quite possibly one of the cutest little girls EVER! That look in her eyes is adorable.

Okay, back to topic.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

susancnw is offline   Reply With Quote