I'm not sure if this has already been answered, but...

Homer's Iliad begins with the Greeks sailing to Troy to sack the city and to rescue Helen. The epic ends with the burial of Hektor. The Greek armies have not entered the city at this point.
Originally Posted by kurlykitty138

I'm not really positive of this kurlykitty, but I think the Iliad only covers the last few days (or weeks) of the Greeks' years-long seige of Troy. What do you think?

This whole thread is so weird because I have been obsessing about reading the Iliad for about the past two years. I keep starting and stopping it. I finally settled on the Richmond Lattimore translation, but I'm wondering...is it better to read it in the poetry version or the prose? Also, I was wondeing if anyone would be interested in starting a book group for this, since so many of us are interested in rereading it! Anybody interested???
3C, fine corkscrew. Carlos at Devachan devotee. "I don't poo, do you?" No Pooing for a year and a half. Holy grail products include: Kenra Moisturizing Treatment, Nioxin Scalp Therapy,Devacurl No-Poo Ouidad Botanical Boost alternated with Bumble and Bumble Leave-In, Ouidad Deep Treatment, and Biolage Gellee Gel. I HAVE FOUND ALL MY HOLY GRAIL PRODUCTS FOR CONSISTENT, RELIABLE GOOD HAIR DAYS!!!

"Hon, can you make me a scotch on the rocks? And can you make the rocks be my Vicodin?"--Karen from Will and Grace

"You're tacky and I hate you."--Fancypants to Jack Black in "School of Rock"