Yeah, AVJuice is liquid. I still haven't figured out how to use it (any suggestions, ladies?).

I extracted the gel from the plant, but it went bad before I could use it. I added vitamin E but it didn't help.

The bottled gel you get from the health food store (dietary grade) is part chunky and part liquidy, but if you mix it up with something the chunks break down into a liquid state. Still haven't found a good way to use this one, either. Sometimes I just add it to a DT.

And finally, there's the aloe gel that's found in the tanning/sun care section of stores. Fruit Of The Earth is a popular brand. Lots of curlies use it as a gel and rave about its hold and elongating properties.
Originally Posted by CheveuxSauvage
You can add some EO to liquid AVJ and use it as a revitalizing spritz. You can also add in a few drops of hair oil but since it won't mix in you'll have to shake it up before you use it. The chunky one, you can put in the blender and add the same as above for a spritz. You can also mix it with honey, yorgurt, avocado, bananas and whatever other goodies your heart desires for a DT. Mix it in a blender or use a stick mixer and voila.
~belasuna
3a/b, very dry, fine/med-coarse, high porosity
CG since 7/27/09
Bella Curl Products
CW: protein free-cleansing creme
CO: protein free MRcondish
Styler: FSG + protein free LI Elixir, Gellie, Shine & Seal Serum
Lady of Elixir, Keeper of the Secret Blend, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders