ok so I tried it...and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed...
keep in mind that I had to straighten my hair tonight because I'm kinda sick and I have to work tonight so I didn't wanna go out with half-wet hair...
anyway...the phytodefrizant did not leave my hair completely straight the way it did my mom's...but I did notice that the hair when it was wet was only slightly wavy rather than curly the way it usually looks....
also I was able to blowdry my hair straight in about 15 minutes (rather than my usual 45 mins) and did not need a flatiron to make it smooth...my hair turned out great...shiny soft manageable...it usually only looks like this if a) I get it done at a salon or b) if it's been straight a few days and the oil managed to get to the ends....
the ends look great too...they don't look dry at all!!
And it significantly reduced frizz....
the next time I use this product I will make sure to leave my hair curly and see what happens...although I think I can already tell that it does loosen the curl some...
Wish I could post pics but I gotta go to work now....so hopefully I'll post them next time...

ps
for some reason it also added volume to my roots...although this could be cause I blowdryed it upside down first
Was 3b then I did a soft relaxer and I think I'm now a 3a
pw: curly