Okay, so this is the first time I have ever posted on a a site before, and I actually just found this website today (great find!). I googled "best curl enhancer" and got a few posts discussing the wonders of Deva products. I've been perusing the site looking at creams, gels, and posts, and, while my semi-wavy head is chock full of new information, I'm still confused...

Here's the deal: Pre-college days I lived in an area with absolutely zero humidity - pretty much a desert. I straightened my hair everyday and ignored all comments from hairdressers about how I had all this random natural curl. The college I ended up at happened to be in an incredibly humid town, and I finally gave up and stopped fighting the waves (it wouldn't stay straight no matter what I did!). For a few years it was really wavy, but I am now post-undergrad and it seems that they are fading. I'm not sure if this is possible, or if I'm just not taking care of my hair properly (from everything I've read, I suspect the latter is true).

I shampoo my hair with Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (say that three times fast!) every other day, and I just plain don't wash it the other days. I rarely condition my hair, and I am now currently using Herbal Essence Totally Twisted gel which goes on right after I get out of the shower. I never blow-dry my hair, and I take showers at night (which means I'm sleeping on wet hair - could this be crushing the waves?). I am also incredibly terrible about getting haircuts. I think my last one was in September of last year. I just don't know how to get my hair cut to accentuate the waves (if they're still there!); I basically tell the stylist to trim it and put some layers in because I don't know what else to do.

Needless to say, I am lost in the world of dying waves and was hoping to find some help from a fellow curly girl! Is it possible for wavy hair to go straight? What do I need to do to bring back the waves (I have type 2a hair, I think)? What are the best products for this?

Help, Help, Help!