View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #12
kikisf

Wow. I hadn't looked for a little bit so I'm glad to see so many other texlaxed heads posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcoady27 View Post
Okay, first thank you so much for creating this post. I decided to go natural and I have to admit I have had a hard time. I have not had a perm in years at least 3 but I had been wearing braids. Now I have finally decided to wear my natural hair out, but it is so hard. So I would like to texlax, but I also want to henna.

My hair has been growing like crazy but I feel it needs a little more strength. I have a really good wash, cowash, moisture regimen right now. I have done protein treatments (apohgee) but I not crazy about the results and every time I go to a salon they want to perm my hair and I don't want to deal with the peer pressure. I have stopped going long ago because of this, I even looked into Miss Jessie's because I felt they would welcome natural hair but they want too much money ($250 to $600). That's just crazy. Sorry I am rambling but here is my quandry,

1. Can I texlax and henna
2. If I can henna and texlax which should I do first
3. Any recommendations on texlax products.

Thank you in advance and I appreciate any help you can give.
vkb247 hennas and texlaxes so you might want to contact her directly.

But from what I understand.
1. Yes
2. Depends. Most say space the treatments two weeks apart. However, curlynikki says her curls started loosening and hanging after doing henna (she did it every week at first and now does it monthly) so you might find you don't need the texlax or at least a shorter process which is always good. My hair gets kind of light golden tones on its own (although I'm dying for Vanessa Williams-esque highlights) and I would not be happy with it darker and definitely not red so I have only done the cassia which doesn't last as long and isn't as cumulative, however it is possible to highlight or color over cassia. and that is not possible with henna.
3. For me, Bantu no base mild. it is the only lye for fine/color-treated that i know of. it is the one my hairdresser recommended. after admiring this curly singer http://www.latricebarnett.com/press/hi_rez/007.jpg he told me she was his client and he texlaxed her. http://www.latricebarnett.com/press/hi_rez/006.jpg

But he told me I couldn't do that unless I grew out all my straight ends.

I think there are more texlaxed heads out there then we think.

vkb247 and I want my hair to grow long so just ripping through it isn't an option (duh!). I hear you!!!

BTW I just started using Pantene Nature Fusion with Cassia but I just found out the third ingredient is a heavy duty silicone. No wonder I like it. Will have to give it away.

also i noticed that i don't tangle if i wear my hair in a pony so I'm trying to alternate that with the "big and loose days."
Detangler- Aussie moist, Dove
LI- SM Curling Milk, infusium
KCCC KT on certain days
Oil- Coconut, jojoba,
Goal: Peace, healthy hair and to not spend alot of time and money on my hair.

Last edited by kikisf; 02-09-2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: retract product endorsement.
kikisf is offline   Reply With Quote