View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #13
vkb247

@ kikisf - I love her hair in those pics. I want to process my hair for longer so it can look like that but my hair is so resistant. I definitely think there are a lot more texturized heads out there. Some even say that relaxers were never intended to completely straighten hair...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcoady27 View Post
Okay, first thank you so much for creating this post. I decided to go natural and I have to admit I have had a hard time. I have not had a perm in years at least 3 but I had been wearing braids. Now I have finally decided to wear my natural hair out, but it is so hard. So I would like to texlax, but I also want to henna.

My hair has been growing like crazy but I feel it needs a little more strength. I have a really good wash, cowash, moisture regimen right now. I have done protein treatments (apohgee) but I not crazy about the results and every time I go to a salon they want to perm my hair and I don't want to deal with the peer pressure. I have stopped going long ago because of this, I even looked into Miss Jessie's because I felt they would welcome natural hair but they want too much money ($250 to $600). That's just crazy. Sorry I am rambling but here is my quandry,

1. Can I texlax and henna
2. If I can henna and texlax which should I do first
3. Any recommendations on texlax products.

Thank you in advance and I appreciate any help you can give.
Kikisf did a great job and was on point with her answer. I can only add that if I was you I would henna first and maybe even do 2-3 treatments before you start texturizing. You always want to make sure that your hair is in top condition before you use a relaxer. So if you think your hair isn't strong enough get that under control first. If not you might do irreversible damage by relaxing.

I cosign using a lye relaxer in mild or mixed with conditioner. When in doubt, please do a strand test to ensure you get the results you are aiming for.

Texlaxed <-- Click 4 Pics

vkb247 is offline   Reply With Quote