Just wanted to update again that she's still in the hospital. She's been having regular contractions - they were even every 3-5 minutes the other day. They've been giving her something to try to stop the contractions. Luckily, though, the contractions aren't doing anything - her doctor has said strictly no vaginal exams but ultrasounds show that she's not dilating or anything.
Originally Posted by PixieCurl
I hope he continues to stay put. I took both medicines that Fiery Curls mentioned and they made me jittery and unable to focus. Your sister might enjoy some fun items that don't take real concentration. Maybe magazines and DVDs. I didn't read much because I couldn't stay focused.

My contractions did not cause cervical change either once I was medicated. I wonder if some people just have angry uteruses (uterii?).
Originally Posted by DarkAngel
I was on one of those two medications from weeks 18-36. I was jittery, couldn't focus, my heart would just race, my husband said I was mean, etc.

My contractions did cause cervical change. I had strict bedrest, hospital stays, and I went into labor at 36 weeks.