You've never heard of TOTUS? It made quite a few headlines on quite a few stations around the country, mostly cable such as CNN, Fox, MSNBC (I think). I think it's actually pretty clever. But I enjoy satire and irony as well as slapstick so...

He made a campaign stop here in my town the Sept before the election. Out of curiosity, I wanted to know the total price for that visit. Cost the city a LOT of money in overtime pay, didn't bring in near what was projected and I have no idea if we've even been paid yet. And the teleprompters were there. Did you know that they are mounted high so that he appears to be looking up and out? Just one of those little things about his image that are carefully crafted.

I was wrong to bring up the DC vouchers. Overall in our schools though, the feds need to get out of it. Control back to the states as it seems that since the feds took over, the schools have been dumbing down and teaching to the lowest common denominator in many cases. That is why we took our kids out of the regular public schools and put them in a charter school. No tuition as it is part of the regular school system. No teacher union either. Teachers don't want it. But they have proven time and again that when you challenge the kids, they will rise up. Our oldest daughter was held back in 5th grade. She sulked for 3 months (plus the summer). Then she buckled down to study.
In December, she received her acceptance letter to Elmhurst College, right outside Chicago. She also received a President's Scholarship for $68K for 4 years. That will pay about half of it. She wouldn't have done it without an scholastic atmosphere that challenged and rewarded her. She busted her ass for it and we are very proud of her. Add that to the modeling agency she signed with that month and it was very surreal. She's very well rounded, but if she had not been inspired and challenged, it would not have happened. We don't teach the test, it is a classical education. I would love to see every school return to a basic education, learn it and move on to better achievements in middle and high school. My kids have been able to carry on intelligent, reasoned conversations in literature, history and art since early high school. I credit a great deal of that to their education and to the atmosphere of learning we foster. I know not every kid has that advantage. Many of their classmates don't...but they are challenged and rewarded at school.

Sorry for the off topic, but I find the extreme usage of teleprompter tedious.
My son wears combat boots (and a parachute).
The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.