View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #11
generosityt

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfKinks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly_Jammy View Post
Honestly, as soon as it comes I start the whipping process, melting it down and whipping might make the difference, cuz when I apply its always smooth.

I add Rosehip seed because it has lots of healing properties for skin and hair, I use my shea mix for my hair and body.
Hmmm.. I gotta give this a try! Usually I just put everything on my hair first, then appply shea butter! What is the difference that you feel in your hair when applying your whipped shea mixtures?
I use a mix too, it's the same thing as putting things one by one in your hair, it just saves you more time and your hair benefits from all those ingredients at once. I also love the feel of whipped shea butter mix in my hands and my hair.
This is how I do mine: I warm about 2 ts of coconut oil and 1 ts of EVOO then add the shea butter while the oils are still warm so it warms up a little bit then add AVG and Glycerin. I also added honey (about a tea spoon) then whip everything for about 10 minutes until it gets all fluffy. I think I added more AVG because I noticed it was getting more like a lotion than a whipped mix.
In fact, this mix was posted by someone a few weeks ago, with the exact amounts, I think I just changed a little bit the amounts because my hair loves glycerin and AVG.

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls
generosityt is offline   Reply With Quote