View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
silversatin

Default Going Gray, Looking Great! Book

I do hope you'll read Chapter 12 "crazy, wavy, hazy gray" of Diana Jewell's book. It's especially for curly girlies! On page 194 "earth, wind and fire....And fire, in the form of hot-blow dryers, can parch hair even more, and can actually singe the ends. Curly hair, in fact, should AVOID the highest settings altogether." She goes on to talk about the problems with shampooing for curlies.

As for silicones, on page 83, she talks about how they work, but goes on to talk about products formulated with ceramides. On page 84 "give me strength...Any shampoo or treatment that contains water can be said to provide moisture. But, you know what happens if you put water on your face and let it evaporate. Your skin gets dry.....look for ingredients like spirulina, an excellent scalp and hair hydrator, hyaluronic acid, which binds moisture to the hair, or algae extract, lecithin, bee pollen, jojoba, safflower, or avocado oils. This is healthy, nondrying moisture."

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of this book. I have read and re-read it more times than I can count. It's worth a serious read to glean all the great info it contains! And don't forget to check out the website of the same name. Any questions you have, I know Diana would be glad to personally address. That woman is a goldmine in a silver world!!!
silversatin is offline   Reply With Quote