Hair Biography

Curl Pattern: 2ish underneath, 3ish?? on canopy
Texture: coarse
Porosity: medium, high on the ends from coloring/highlighting
Density: thick
Elasticity: ? normal, I think...
Characteristics: curlier when it's shorter, weighed down easily when longer, soaks up product like crazy!

CG/ModCG/not CG: CG

Hair ingredient likes: seems to like weekly protein in higher dews
Hair ingredient dislikes: a lot of oils, glycerin (at least in the winter), panthenol, protein sensitive in the winter

Hard/Soft Water: soft

HG/Go-to Products: CJ DF,CJ Curl Rehab, Bella Curl Leave-In Elixir (winter), BellaCurl gellie, YTT (winter), YTC (fall/winter), HSH Pumpkin co (winter), FOTE AVG (fall/winter), TJTTT, homemade FSG, HE gels, AO GPB (for protein in spring/summer)

Average climate/dew points: all over the place...super dry with low dews in the winter, humid and high dews in the summer

Fall/Winter combos: HSH pumpkin co, YTT co, CJ CR, using a leave-in, lots and lots of moisture, avoid proteins, use spray gels instead of tube

Spring/Summer combos: at least weekly doses of protein, co-wash conditioners as r/o (seem to oc VERY easily in higher dews), avoid leave-ins, and use hard holding gels in a tube

Favorite styling techniques and why: doing everything upside down, modified icequeen method to apply co, plopping, pixiecurl diffusing, SSM for weekly mini-PT (spring/summer), applying products to wet-but-not-dripping hair, combing my hair after apply enhancer/gel to distribute product and combat frizz

Techniques that didnít work and why: SuperSoaker method in the winter, air drying, messing with my hair after I comb it - my hair gets angry and frizzes easily when anything is done to it between combing and plopping

Hair Twins: ??
on my CG journey since 10/31/09
**2-3ish mix/coarse/med-high porosity/v thick/graying, color treated
cleansers: CJ DF
co-wash: TJ TTT/Suave DC
rinse out/treatments: YTT/YTC/HSH Pumpkin/CJ CR/AO GPB
Stylers: homemade FSG/HETMS spray
pixiecurl diffusing in winter, air drying in summer, Icequeen method, combing right before plopping
glycerin, panthenol, heavy oils, diffusing in summer, Suave Cherry Blossom co, gel

Last edited by buckeye; 06-09-2010 at 09:39 AM. Reason: revising/updating