View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 10:40 PM   #101
mandatoryfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancnw View Post
I've seen the hi res one. McCain presented his certificate, both his parents were over 21 and US citizens. Obama's mom was under 21 and at the time, couldn't confer her citizenship status to him (from what I understand). A certificate of live birth is different from an actual birth certificate. I had to request one from the state when our youngest son died at 27 hours old. They didn't hesitate to send me that damned death certificate, but I had to request a birth certificate.

The reason the issue was raised at all was apparently there were questions. And again, candidates routinely release college records, etc. Until Obama. He hasn't done so and has spent thousands of dollars on lawyers to avoid doing so. Just strikes me as weird...I'm not particularly proud of some of my college grades, but I'm not going to ever avoid showing them to someone (well, except my kids maybe ;D)

Cali, you consistently call conservatives idiots, racists, etc. Every dropped in at Democratic Underground?
But Susan, what you're talking about doesn't apply to Obama. If a child is born off U.S. soil, but to two U.S. citizens, s/he would also be a citizen if the conditions you listed hold. But you're ignoring the point that anyone born on U.S. soil (with certain expections, like the children of diplomats) has U.S. citizenship regardless of their parentage. This is why the deportation of some Mexican immigrants has become such a problem—it would essentially orphan the children they gave birth to in the U.S.

And even though a certificate of live birth isn't the same thing as a birth certificate, it's still an official state document. It's simply a shorter version of the actual birth certificate. If you'd actually read the link I left you, you'd know that:

Quote:
"The Hawaii Department of Health's birth record request form does not give the option to request a photocopy of your long-form birth certificate, but their short form has enough information to be acceptable to the State Department."

Obama's birth in Hawaii
has also been corroborated by birth announcements in local newspapers and an official statement from the Hawaiian Director of Health. If all of this is good enough for the State Department, which is equipped with entire teams of people to look into these matters, then why isn't it good enough for you? No offense, but you sound kind of arrogant.

I'm not sure why you can't find "a single piece of documentation on Obama"...a quick internet search led me to his marriage certificate, his driver's license record, his attorney's registration and public disciplinary record. I'm not sure why his college records are so important to you--obviously his grades weren't so bad, since he later went to Harvard--given that he clearly attended Columbia. Why do you need to know?

Here's a thought: Maybe Obama thinks that, since the documentation he has provided was good enough for the State Department, he shouldn't have to appease racists like you with other documentation. Seriously, maybe he's just PO'd at your blatant racism.

...just a thought!

Last edited by mandatoryfun; 02-19-2010 at 10:43 PM.
mandatoryfun is offline   Reply With Quote