verses- top picture finger raking, bottom , shingling/pad of fingers smoothing down the length

Originally Posted by shawnyblazes

Oh my goodness! We really are hair twins, shawnyblazes. The top resembles my wash 'n go to the T and the bottom looks exactly like my shingling. And yes, when I shingle, some sections near the middle of my head on top turn into waves with S-curl bends because of the weight of the product. This is especially true with KCC.

P.S. I love your hair, and not just because it looks like mine.

To the OP: If your hair is really dense like mine, you may want to try foregoing the comb and opting for finger detangling when you wash. It might take a really long the first time, but because my hair coils so well, I don't have too much of a problem with it tangling when it's free as long as it's got some coiled hair to stick with. I've learned that *combing* (dry or wet!) actually creates tangles and frizz for me because it's blending all those little coils indiscriminately, and they happen to like the little coil-friends they've already made.
Hair Type: A collection of incredibly dense, gravity-defying very defined coffee-stirrer diameter coils. I am currently exclusively wearing wash-and gos.

Products
:Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner (low-poo), Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner, Grapeseed Oil, KCCC or Ecostyler Gel (stylers)

Last edited by maybejadey; 03-03-2010 at 12:47 PM.