So I'm really loving the FSG, but I have a small question..

What does yours smell like? Mine almost has a nutty smell, and I can't say I'm fond of it. Maybe mine's turned? I put citric acid in my batch, but maybe that wasn't enough.. I did soak the seeds for a long time.

Thoughts?
Originally Posted by musicaleloquence
I use EOs in mine, so it smells like them (rosemary and lavender are antiseptic, so help prolong it.) I'm not sure citric acid will preserve it very long--I use a combination of EOs, citric acid, Vit E and this time potassium sorbate. I freeze most of it and just defrost it in 4 oz, portions. Mine usually lasts a few weeks unrefrigerated. I only use it once a week.
Originally Posted by kathymack

I probably should have said that I also put in Sweet Orange EO as well as a drop of orange blossom honey. I feel like I put in quite a bit of SOEO, so I'm just a little weirded out that I can still smell the flax seeds themselves.

I did make a large batch, and I have frozen the rest of the batch, but this is just how the FSG has smelled. I think I'm just sensitive to the smell of the seeds. It's not enough to put me off the gel, I was just curious if anyone else found the scent odd.
Hairtype: 3a/b, normal elasticity, low porosity, medium thick & fine- my hair can't get enough protein!

*****HG Routine*****
Cleanse: Care Cure Conditioner
LI: Biolage Conditioning Balm (not very often used anymore, really)
Styling: Eco Style Protein Gel and a diffuser (pixiecurl method).