I notice you like to use shea butter. Without knowing your whole routine it's hard to say what could be causing your problem, but shea could be the culprit and perhaps it's blocking out your moisture - ie. water. If you are using products with cones - that can also cause problems. When my hair gets over dry(which fortunately it hasn't lately thanks to my doing this), I clarify my hair. It's like getting a clean slate.

I like to use Redkin Cleansing Creme, and I probably only use it once a month. There are natural clarifiers such as baking soda or Rhassoul clay. I've never tried baking soda, but I have tried Rhassoul clay - it worked decently. Or there is also a V05 Clarifier that some people like.

Here's an interesting thread on natural clarifiers:Natural Clarifiers other than Baking Soda?

After using your clarifier of choice, deep condition and you should be ready to go again.

Hopefully that will help.
Currently:Alaffia Shea & Coconut Enriching Shampoo, Alaffia Virgin Coconut & Shea Enriching Hair Lotion, Qhemet Amla Olive Heavy Cream, Qhemet Honeybush Tea Gel.

Last Texturizer: March 12, 2008
BC: July 21, 2008
Hair: Coarse, low porosity, iii.

Certified Denirophile

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome". ~ Albert Einstein