So I read through all of the replies on this thread, but still need help.

My entire life I NEVER had a problem with dandruff, flakiness or dry scalp. Ever.
I have been doing CG Method for about a year now, and I just started experiencing what I assume is dry scalp/flakiness a few months ago. No itching, just insane amounts of flakes.

I only co-wash twice a week and don't think I can reduce it any more than that. I rinse thoroughly. I want to blame the weather... but even if that is the culprit, I don't know if I can deal with this each winter. It's EXCESSIVE! I've been sooo close to shampooing too many times this winter.

...any suggestions?
Originally Posted by krisisisipoo
Sounds like buildup, if you haven't had problems prior to this. Like auntnett says, try scrubbing your scalp more vigorously, or use a low-sulfate shampoo periodically.

As far as the rest of the thread goes, I have dry scalp/sebhorreic dermatitis, and someone recommended jojoba oil here on the boards. It's awesome! I put a little on my fingers and apply it to my scalp in the hairline. It's really helping with the dryness and flaking.
2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/