Shortncurly, PM me for my stylist's info (named Melonnie). She's a certified stylist, and she usually works from her home salon in Fort Lauderdale. I've sent a few ladies to her from NC.com and so far I haven't had any complaints, and a few have become repeat customers. She really knows her stuff because she works in the film/modeling industry so she knows how to do hair of all textures from straight to kinky-curly. She also listens well, and her trims are really trims, not big chops in disguise.
Originally Posted by BekkaPoo

Another thing is that there are great people out here who are not licensed or own a salon... You gotta search or learn your hair and take the chances!
Originally Posted by QueenOfKinks
I don't think I'd go to someone unlicensed unless I saw them doing another person's hair first. That being said, I did the same "audition" with my girl and after I saw how well she did another curly girl, I decided to let her do mine too.

I trust no one besides myself with my hair, but Melonnie is the exception.
"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
"...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)