@ BekkaPoo: I've faltered many times with trusting stylists to do my hair and have ended on short side of the stick. I trust you and I'll trust Melonnie. Excited to get that trim or chop whichever is needed. Thank you for the referral.
Originally Posted by shortncurly
I know the feeling hun, and trust me I have been to every kind of salon. It took me 33 years to find Melonnie. And you're welcome.. I love referring people to her because I can't say enough good things about her skills. I haven't seen her do braids or anything like that so I'm not sure if that's on her roster of skills (it wouldn't surprise me if it was), but as far as cutting, wet styling, rollersetting, etc. she's gold.

Another thing is that there are great people out here who are not licensed or own a salon... You gotta search or learn your hair and take the chances!
Originally Posted by QueenOfKinks
I don't think I'd go to someone unlicensed unless I saw them doing another person's hair first. That being said, I did the same "audition" with my girl and after I saw how well she did another curly girl, I decided to let her do mine too.

I trust no one besides myself with my hair, but Melonnie is the exception.
Originally Posted by BekkaPoo
Yes yes, the good ol' audition!!
Originally Posted by QueenOfKinks
Hehe.. yeah you better believe it!
"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
"...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)