ooh this sounds fun! I'd love to give this a try... I LOVE all the twists and braids styles, but I'm not sure; 1) my hair is long enough or 2) has a strong enough curl pattern to hold them in. I've heard you can use hair elastics bands soaked in olive oil to hold the ends - this might work.

Also are you allowed to use extensions in twists etc. I would love to try this, but I am not sure where to get the synthetic hair and if it'll come in a colour that looks somewhat similar to mine.

what do you think?
Originally Posted by curlywurlygurly
All the particulars are up to you, dear.. If you want to put in extensions to get twists go for it! I just saw the movie "Human Traffic" with an actress called Lorraine Pilkington who had the most gorgeous angelic blonde curls.. maybe you could attempt her hair style with extensions.

And since you're in Australia I have no idea where you would get the extension hair from. I would imagine a salon would be a good place to ask, but other than that I'm clueless. Also maybe you could try bantu knots.. I consider that a "twisted style" too.

ETA: Also check on the net to see if you can order some hair..
Originally Posted by BekkaPoo
oooh thanks i'll have to check out some more images of that film.

I wasn't sure where I'd get extensions either. I might look at the local hair supplies. I was thinking online - does it matter what kind I get? I'm such a newbie and got inundated with all these different types of braiding hair! Really gotta research this better. I might start a little late into the challenge - depending on my luck with extensions as well as my course workload right now.

so excited though!

ETA: I've read that most people use a lot of moisturizing products in there twists and braids, but should I use something with a little hold too? my hair tends to be silk and slip out of things. Would you suggest anything.
2 something Australian

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.

Last edited by curlywurlygurly; 03-23-2010 at 05:35 PM.