View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #8
BekkaPoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlywurlygurly View Post
oooh thanks i'll have to check out some more images of that film.

I wasn't sure where I'd get extensions either. I might look at the local hair supplies. I was thinking online - does it matter what kind I get? I'm such a newbie and got inundated with all these different types of braiding hair! Really gotta research this better. I might start a little late into the challenge - depending on my luck with extensions as well as my course workload right now.

so excited though!

ETA: I've read that most people use a lot of moisturizing products in there twists and braids, but should I use something with a little hold too? my hair tends to be silk and slip out of things. Would you suggest anything.
My hair isn't the best at holding twists or braids either because of the slip factor, so yes, I would say try a bit of gel on each twist to get them to stay in place better. Also jaw clips, bobby pins, small elastics (soaked in oil of course) will help keep those twists in. They will of course become loose at times, so you will have to refresh them every so often the longer you wear them. However when you first do a twisted style I would do it on freshly washed and conditioned hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulchri2dinous View Post
Yay!!! I love doing challenges on this site rather than LHCF, because there aren't so many people! You guys actually DO function as a support system and I love it! Thanks for starting this!! I'll post pics of my yarn braids later. I'm so excited
I'm excited to see your pics as well as everyone elses..

And so the countdown begins!

Last edited by BekkaPoo; 03-23-2010 at 08:40 PM.
BekkaPoo is offline   Reply With Quote