View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 08:19 AM   #35
SusieQin

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddityofwings View Post
I am so glad I'm not the only one with bizarrely dry, porous hair. It was doing a bit better for a while there, a month or two ago, but has since gone even stranger. It's like no matter what I do to it, it won't retain moisture. At least it's got some stretch now, which is something. Used to snap as soon as I looked at it.

Oddly, nothing I do changes curl pattern, or even definition. It always looks like telephone cords all over my head, even if it's super dry. Weird.
I feel your pain! My hair is very porous and keeping moisture is something of a feat! Espcially the ends of my hair.

The SS DT does great for moisture! I've even have used it as a leave in (mind you I used a very small amount.) It has done the best, however I still have moisture leaving the ends of my hair.

After posting about this myself, it was suggested to use something that would act like a sealant. Coconut oil is great, but it can make my hair look stringy so I can't really use it unless I decide to straighten my hair, however SS also makes a butter that just a tiny scoop on my finger and rubbing my palms together lightly and scrunching it into the ends of my hair worked! I've been doing it ever since and I have moist ends all day long now!

So yeah thats something that you can look into is things that act as a sealant like the coconut oil or your butters. Just be careful, if your hair is like mine it.... mine can look stringy and wet easily if I use the wrong thing or too much.

OH! and I always do it while its wet. Nevet dry.

Favorites: CJ Daily Fix, CJ Rehab, Anything Spiral Solutions, Darcy Botanicals Pumpkin Seed

New Goals To restore my hair after dying it twice in two weeks. Learning more about products found in the stores to fit my tight budget. I'm still working on trying to grow out my hair.
SusieQin is offline   Reply With Quote